Photo: WDW Kingdom Disney Fan Nation Facebook Group member Melissa
Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been the place to be for exceptional holiday decor over the years. When we talk about seasonal happenings, past or present, Disney fans always harken back to the great time when the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (1995-2016) lit up the Streets of America and even before that on Residential Street. Those days will certainly be missed but the Studios has seen a growth of holiday cheer over the past couple of years and we wonder if 2018 will be an even bigger.
Last year we witnessed a new era of holiday decorations and delights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios including the introduction of the very popular Sunset Seasons Greetings show and unique vintage decor throughout most of the park. Put that together with the carryover Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! nighttime spectacular and you have a very festive park. It seems like more and more holiday cheer is being brought over to DHS. Will the growth continue in 2018?
The Disney Parks Blog recently announced that there will be some sort of seasonal magic going on at the recently opened Toy Story Land.
“The new Toy Story Land also gets special seasonal fun including holiday songs on Alien Swirling Saucers and more!”
They cannot possibly just add holiday songs to one attraction. Their statement did say “and more!”. What could that mean? Here are some of our (fun) thoughts of what could be coming to Toy Story Land for the 2018 holiday season. We have to think like Andy here, it is his backyard you know.
- Slinky Dog sings Christmas Carols as he “dashes” through the snow
- Mistle Toe with animatronic Bo Peep and Woody underneath
- A Mrs. Potato Head with a bow on her next to the Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story Mania!
- All larger than life characters will be wearing Santa hats (think Jingle Cruise)
- They will be adding giant Christmas lights to the land…oh wait…already have those
- The “Green Army Patrol” will be singing holiday classics (and of course, wearing Santa hats)
- Specialty “holiday lunch box tarts” will be available at Woody’s Lunch Box
Obviously, we are just having some fun here but who knows? Disney is simply amazing when it comes to theming and blending holidays with their surroundings and no matter what the “and more!” is, it will be pretty awesome.
What would you do to Toy Story Land for the holidays? Talk about it in our all-new WDW Kingdom Forums!